Thursday 24 January 2013

I'm moving!

Yes, I want to let you know that I am moving my blog over to Wordpress... and my new address is

Hope to hear from you at the new place!

Monday 10 September 2012

Haiku book

This is a 3-D card/booklet containing Japanese haiku by Basho.  The calligraphy and backgrounds were all done with watercolours on watercolour paper.

Printer's Tray

I bought this printer's tray some time ago from one of my local craft shops and have been enjoying decorating it. I decided to do each 'compartment' differently but with an overall vintage theme. I have used a variety of printed papers, stamping and using 3-D items such as the flower, metal charms and the tiny bottle. It was a lot of fun to create but I am just wondering what to do with it now... if I hang it up it will just get very dusty and I haven't got a glass fronted cabinet to display it!

Monday 30 July 2012

Oh brother!

I've made this card for my brother's birthday. It is using a technique that I saw in the Australian Stamping and Card Making magazine: run a sheet of metal (I used PaperArtsy's metal on card) through an embossing folder, colour with alcohol inks and black StyzOn to highlight the raised areas. When the inks are completely dry, you swipe a Versamark ink pad over the surface and sprinkle over clear UTEE and heat. You keep adding more UTEE until you are happy with the result. I used Grungeboard letters for the word brother which I inked black and then covered with crackle accents.

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Flag books

Here are a couple of flag books I've made containing some calligraphy.  The first one (above) is tiny, measuring 75mm x 42mm when closed. The Country Proverbs book is much larger - around A5 size - and has been decorated with inking and stamping. I used gouache and a metal nib for the writing on both books.

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Sew much fun!

I have mentioned this before - I have never been fond of sewing. But I have been trying out some hand stitching on cards recently and actually enjoyed it! Here are a few cards which I have made.

On the first one I have kept it fairly simple using a stamp by Artemio on a background using pigment inks and then adding a small zig-zag of stitching with black thread. The coloured 'squares' on the base card were made using Tim Holtz's scratches stamp in both directions, and then I coloured in some of the spaces using Distress Markers.

This card has a stitched border around the edge of patterned paper which I first stamped and clear embossed the flowers and butterflies by Hero Arts, then sponged Distress Ink over and around the embossing. I've finished it off with a lace flower, ribbon and a tiny tag.

For my third card I have used a Dina Wakley stamp on a background of waste paper that I had used underneath various other projects. I layered this onto red card and added a line of wonky (deliberate) stitching in red. I have used the 'crinkled ink' technique on the base card, stamped the quote (by PaperArtsy) which I covered with a strip of Tim Holtz film strip, and finally added two Hero Arts butterflies decorated with Indian bindis.

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Create with abandon

So here are a couple of cards I've just made using stamps by Dina Wakley. The first one using the fab 'create with abandon' stamp in which I created a colourful background by dabbing dye inks around the edge of an acrylic block, spritzing with water and then pressing onto card. The second card has a background using the wrinkle free distress technique with some added texture and glitter by adding some holographic embossing powder. The 'boys star' stamp has been embossed using gold and silver ep.