Saturday 20 September 2008

Hi honey, I'm home...

...Well some of you may have noticed that I have not put anything on my blog for the past 2-3 weeks. This was because I was on holiday - in the USA! I had a wonderful trip to Chigago and the Great Lakes area and managed to visit 4 States - Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Minnesota. It's pretty mind-boggling for someone from the UK to realise that Lake Superior is actually BIGGER than Great Britain. The weather was mixed - we had a lot of cloud and some rain which I think was the tail end of the 2 hurricanes. During the trip we visited the Mall of America in Minnesota which is the largest indoor shopping mall in the USA, and has over 500 shops and an amusement park in the middle of it. I had plans to visit one shop in particular - Archiver's - to buy some stamps and craft materials. What I hadn't realised was that there was a Scrapfest event being held there, and there were hundreds of people attending! AND I discovered that Tim Holtz had been one of the guest demonstrators only the day before... I missed my hero by only one day!!
When I got home I found I had received the latest edition of Craft Stamper magazine which includes a project to make 'Fairy Doors', and reading this article I discovered that these little doors originated in Ann Arbor in Michigan. We actually stayed there during our trip and if only I had known this I could have looked for some... another missed opportunity. Oh well, it's now back home, and back to work... but also back to crafting and a chance to use some of the stuff I bought at Archiver's.

4 comments:

D said...

Welcome back, Angela! Glad you had a good time in the US. Can't wait to see what you make with your new goodies!

made by fifi said...

welcome home angela - sounds like a wonderful holiday - look forward to seeing what you make with your new stuff xx

Chris said...

Hi Angela, sounds like you had a fabby time. Welcome back

daisy said...

Wow sounds like an exciting trip. Sorry you missed Tim though xx