Monday 21 February 2011

Embossing with salt




Another of the techniques featured in Craft Stamper recently that I decided to have a go at is Trish Latimer's embossing with salt. I have to admit that I found it difficult to get the salt to stick... I had to use at least two layers of the white embossing powder first and then found it worked better if I reheated and added salt on one small area at a time. Eventually I managed to get a reasonable result and here are a couple of cards that I made. I embossed a flourish and a bird die cut from grunge paper (both dies by Tim Holtz), adding the colour afterwards. The flower on the red card was also made using a Tim Holtz die.

2 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Looks like you made it work. I did something similer back last summer except I mixed the salt with some gash ep usually used on pva glue anyway mixing it and then when it has cooled rubbing the embossed piece works pretty well you might find that easier. XOXO Zoe

Netty said...

Terrific designs Angela. Haven't tried this technique, sounds interesting. Annette x