Thursday 16 June 2011

Crocheted flower



Crocheted flowers seem to be very popular at the moment so I thought I'd have a go at making one myself. I used to do a lot of crocheting a long time ago... it must be at least 30 years ago, but I haven't done any since. I knew I'd seen the instructions for making the flower in one of my card making magazines some months past, so I had to search through my huge pile of mags to find it! I made two flowers which I layered together and then used gathered ribbon behind and have used it on this card. I was quite pleased with the result although the darker pink flower is a little bit wonky - this is due to uneven tension I think. Oh well, I'll just have to make lots more to get the practice.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Lovely colours, Angela and your crochet flowers are gorgeous.

Mumbai Florist said...

Nice, as these crocheted flowers are becoming common in these days.