Monday 19 May 2008

Masked ATCs



A new challenge this week from Leonie to make an ATC with a masking technique. I have made two - the first one uses the traditional method of masking an area off and stamping & adding colour. Leonie used a peel-off as a mask on her example and then painted over it. I wondered how this would work with alcohol inks instead of paint... so I had a go! It worked reasonably well, although it was difficult to remove the peel-off afterwards. I'm not sure if this was because I used glossy card, or if the alcohol dissolved the 'stickiness' on the peel-off?

4 comments:

sharon said...

I love them both!
Love Sharon
x

Joanne said...

Hi Angela,
I think the use of alcohol inks quite exciting. Just love their effect myself. Your examples are super especially the flower one. Luv Joanne
xx

Leonie pujol said...

Hi Angela,

They are lovely, isn't it nice just to have a play and see what happens. Brilliant results.
xx
Leonie

daisy said...

Fabulous ATCs - love the effect of the techniques used.