Saturday 26 June 2010

Stampotique challenge


When does creative inspiration usually strike for you? In my case it is very often first thing in the morning. I get out of bed, make myself a cup of coffee, and after a few sips of caffeine an idea will pop into my head. When this does happen all I want to do is get out my crafting stash and have a play. But unfortunately I rarely have the chance to explore my ideas at the time because I have got to get washed and dressed and leave for work! So for me, freedom would be the chance to say I'm not going to work today, I'm going to stay at home and create! This is what inspired me to make this card for the latest SDC on the theme of freedom, using Stampotique's Moon Girl. The 'I don't feel like working' stamp is by Paper Artsy.

15 comments:

joanne wardle said...

don't you just love moon girl? your card is great it made me smile, and I often feel like that!

Anonymous said...

Georgeous card Ang! x

Netty said...

Angela this is a fab card and love the sentiment. Terrific. Annette x

Moniqui said...

What a great card! Perfectly in balance and i love the soft colors! Enjoy your weekend;)) Thanks for joining SDC!

Willy said...

What a adorable and beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at SDC.

Basement Stamper said...

Angela, I love that idea of playing hooky to create and have that freedom! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week!

Carol said...

How TRUE, Angela! How many of us wish we didn't have to go to work, but instead could stay at home and stamp, stamp, stamp! Thanks for joining us at SDC.

Buttercup said...

I love the sense of floating, flight and freedom this image evokes:)

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Love the background you've created for Moongirl. The card made me smile too :0) Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique Designers Challenge Angela.

Jo x

Chris said...

What a beautiful background. Love your card and the sentiment.

D said...

Superb card, Angela. Very evocative. Love the stamp, too.

Kaz said...

I love this card and the sentiment. Perfect. Thanks for joining us at SDC xx

K J D said...

Totally beautiful card! I love the stamp and the words made me smile :)

Karen

Shannon said...

Sounds like you need a day off, maybe you should take a couple days off to replenish yourself. You come first you know.
Love the card!

Fiona said...

I've felt like that many a day... great take on the 'freedom' theme.