Monday 24 January 2011

New stash... new cards!







I went to the Sincerely Yours Papercraft Fair at Hinckley a week or so ago with some of my cardmaking friends. Although it was a fairly small show, I was impressed with what they had and I spent quite a lot of money!! I could have spent loads more than I did on one stall alone - it had all my favourite things by Tim Holtz and PaperArtsy to name but two. Anyway, I bought some nesties, several of the new Distress Inks which I still hadn't got, and some stamps of course. I've been busy trying out these new goodies and here are some cards I've made.

On the first two cards I have used the PaperArtsy Hot Picks HP1005 stamps that I could just not resist buying! I've used 2 of my new Distress Inks, Stormy sky and Wild Honey, to create the background (using the craft mat technique). On the second one, the backgound paper is part of Papermania's Bird Song collection. I made the flower using a brown paper bag!

The third one is using my new set of nesties, and as I was using the music stamps by Darkroom Door (to make one of the bookmarks below), I decided to carry on and make a card for a friend's birthday. She loves music and sings in a choir, so the theme is very appropriate for her! I have also used a Martha Stewart border punch that I bought at the show.

No comments: